One of the easiest ways for companies to help foster growth and engagement in the Washington, DC area design community is to provide space for one of our monthly meetings. Hosts usually provide a venue; on occasion, they also provide refreshments.
For more details, contact our event planning team.
- Our events typically take the form of workshops or other sessions that include hands-on work or small-group sessions. But we entertain any / all ideas.
- We typically hold one event per month, either during a weekday evening or weekend morning.
- In some cases, host venues have provided light refreshments. But it’s by no means mandatory.
- We do not accept sales pitches for the monthly meeting format. However, vendors are welcome to become a sponsor at our annual conference.
Our evening events typically are scheduled as follows:
- 5:30-6:00pm – UXPA DC volunteers arrive to help with set-up/greeting
- 6:00-7:00pm – Member arrival/Refreshments/Networking.
- 7:00-7:30pm – Brief UXPA DC announcements, followed by presentation.
- 7:30-9:00pm – Presentation/workshop
How many people can I expect to show up?
Our evening events tend to draw between 25-40 attendees. If you have a smaller venue, we can restrict the number of attendees.
Do I need to be in Washington, DC, to host?
No, but you should be within the greater DC metro area — events outside the Beltway tend to draw smaller audiences. Our members especially appreciate free parking and/or access to public transportation.
How do you market your events?
We market our events to our membership email list, through our presence on Meetup.com, and through social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. In those marketing efforts, we aim to mention our hosting partner whenever space permits. You are welcome to help us in marketing the event to your network as well.